Tuesday, April 2, 2013

6 minutes of my life



I spent 6 minutes watching a video posted by a dear friend this morning. Seeing the video still shot with colours that wouldn't have naturally attracted me, not to mention the uncertain title of "I don't have any idea for a title" for the video, I contemplated for a second.


But I watched it anyway. And that 6 minutes was worth eternity....


Towards the end of the 5th minute, I teared, unknowingly...When I had arrived, my heart was warmed and I was deeply rapt in awe...





We were once given the Kingdom. Not only did we once belong to it...We owned it. How far a stubborn, haughty, blinded, deafened and strayed traveller we have been. Day by day we are calloused by the rough course of which we have chosen. How apathetic we have slowly, but surely become. We have caused the entire Kingdom to suffer...




 "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned - every one - to his own way"




We ought to pay. We ought to be charged. 


An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. A life for a life....



"But He was pierced for our transgressions..
He was crushed for our iniquities...
upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace

and with His wounds....we are healed....

All like sheep have gone astray - every one - to his own way


and the Lord has laid on Him.....the iniquity of us all"



Amazing grace. 




No comments: