Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my rude awakening




After months of not being at home, I celebrated my first day of staying in by lying on my long-forsaken bed the whole day; catching the whole 3 seasons of the last Airbender. I'm now proudly an Avatar graduate!


This few weeks out of home, I've to say, have been the most memorable ones this whole year round. Apart from the crazy Sarawak trip, the 6 days to National Conference - changed my life. I'd like to think that I experienced some crazy Bario revival in me right there! God has scraped the ignorance off my eyes and have graciously given me sight and the heart for Malaysia. Digress. A-totally-unrelated-casual conversation with Li Wen this noon prompted me a point to ponder; shouldn't ignorance be considered suicidal? Something about her koreking a hole to crawl in. Anyway, that woman argues not la.




I'm proud and eternally grateful to say that I'm anak Tuhan berbangsa Malaysia!! *wide grin sampai tak nampak mata*




Mata terbuka dan hatiku tersentuh bila ku melihat semua anak-anak Bapaku di syurga berkumpul (dan ber-cramming) di satu tempat menyembahnya dalam pelbagai Bahasa. Tidak kira warna kulit, tidak kira status, biar kaya atau miskin, gemuk ke kurus, cantik atau tidak, satu perkara yang pasti; Tuhan mendengar doa, rayuan dan penyembahan kami pada hari itu.


See, as I was marveling at His work these 2 days (AND at the same time on a mission to finish Avatar) I could see the correlation between the 2.



If you're not an Avatar fan, you wouldn't get this:


"Indians; Malays; Chinese; Dan lain-lain.......Long ago, the 4 groups of people lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the desire for political control attacked. Only LOVE, master of all the bodily desires, could stop them. But when the people needed LOVE the most, it vanished. Their selfish desires and hatred overwhelmed their beings. A hundred years passed, and slowly people discovers the truth and a generation who wants CHANGE rise up. Although the generation is semangated, this generation has alot to learn before they are ready to save anyone. But I believe.....WE CAN SAVE MALAYSIA!.......and the world"





Everyone needs some idealism to make the world go round. That's how Apple and Mahatma Gandhi came about anyway. =D


2 comments:

Wilson Khor Woo Han (Seymour Nightweaver) said...

Rachel: AVATAR THE LAST AIR BENDER??? I WANT!!!! xDDD

bookatitle said...

miss you! :P she's beginning to sound like a broken record, don't you just love her?